Seminar 2 - Las Cruces, NM

NMAL Class 16 Trade, Communication, and Self-Awareness

*    Pecans are the only native nut to America.

*    There are seven USDA inspection facilities in New Mexico.

*    The NM Food Bank Association distributed over 48 million lbs of food in 2022.

*    If you have to be a pain, be the sharpest in the room.

*    Be respectful, not dismissive when having a persuasive conversation.

*    Even in difficult conversations, the Golden Rule is the Golden Rule for a reason.

*    The largest cattle crossing in the world sits on the U.S./Mexico border at Santa Teresa and is privately owned by Chihuahua’s State Livestock Association. 

*    They cross about 600,000 head of cattle annually.

*    NM Farmers face a multitude of challenges to keep their operations running smoothly, including labor shortages. 

These are just a few quick snippets of information that were part of my take-a-ways from the NMAL Class 16 seminar in Las Cruces as we looked at Trade, Communication, and Self-Awareness. Identified as an objective thinker through our DiSC assessment, I value the use of facts and data and noted that most of my take-a-ways were bulleted in my notes and journal in a direct and logical manner so I thought sharing them would give insights into how I relate to new information. 

The CliftonStrengths and DiSC assessments were helpful in encapsulating some of my key characteristics and how I work with and relate to others. I enjoy working with individuals who bring different talents and strengths to the team and felt that the assessments are true to my nature, including working hard with friends to acheive a goal (Relator) and seeking areas of agreement (Harmony).

Finally, Don Hartman, with Hartman Farms was such a gracious host, please enjoy these photos:




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seminar 1 - Albuquerque, NM

Seminar 3 - Albuquerque, NM